Highly effective insulation of machines, apparatus and aggregates from shocks, vibrations and structure borne noise
FAEBI® rubber air springs are used for the highly effective insulation of machines, apparatus and aggregates from shocks, vibrations and structure borne noise. The element comprises of a bellshaped rubber form made from high-grade elastomer with a reinforced side wall.
The constructive design does not only achieve excellent insulation properties, but also very high mechanical stability. Damage due to overload or a sudden pressure drop is virtually impossible. The air spring element has a very low degree of deflection in the horizontal direction. The inclusion of anti-slip pads on the spring element base plate means that additional floor anchoring is not usually required.
FAEBI® elements can also be supplied in stainless steel designs and made from EDPM elastomer for outdoor use (such as air conditioning). To reduce the movement amplitude in the vertical direction the FAEBI®-HD variant is supplied with additional damping.
Bilz level control systems
The mechanical-pneumatic level control (MPN) with our robust proportional valve LVC represents a simple but effective solution for preventing skew positions resulting from load changes. A plunger continuously probes the level and the position of the plunger is transmitted to a slide valve.
Shock isolation and vibration insulation
The natural frequency of the rubber air spring in the vertical direction is between 3 and 14 Hz depending on the allowable static load and variant. The maximum spring deflection in response to a pulse load is up to 15 mm depending on the type and size of the air spring.
Rubber Air Springs – Applications
Perfectly suited for source insulation of fast running presses, forging hammers and other machines and aggregates with highly dynamic disturbance forces. Receiver insulation of measuring and test equipment as well as highly accurate machine tools. Can also be combined with mechanical level control on request.
FAEBI® elements can be supplied with a maintenance-free pressure control unit, which is the ideal addition to applications that do not need automatic level control.
General informations about selection and application of our FAEBI® rubber air springs
- Please ensure that the element is selected so that the maximum load (static and dynamic load) is not exceeded!
For applications with higher dynamics harder variants of the FAEBI® reduce the deflection of the element. However, the softer the element is, the better the achievable insulation effect is. Please contact us, we are happy to assist with selecting a suitable element.
- If the bottom edge of the machine does not completely cover Ø d, we recommend the use of our special protective hood (see Accessories).
- Permissible temperature range: -20 °C to +80 °C
- The elements are attached to the holes provided on the machine using the bolts supplied (see Accessories).
Anchoring to the floor is usually not necessary.
- Screw in the bolt by hand only, do not use a wrench. Also only tighten the nut with low torque.
- The machine is placed on the deflated element, which is then inflated in stages using the standard valve until dimension H (= working height) is reached. The maximum specified air pressure must also not be exceeded!
- Inflation and deflation may only take place under load (observe the maximum permissible pressure).
- Up to +/- 5 mm are available for levelling.